Overview: The goal of this webinar was to explore and unpack the barriers to self-care in Africa from a regulatory perspective. As is widely known, African regulators face common challenges along the lines of outdated regulatory legislative frameworks, differing classifications for molecules, a lack of regulatory harmonization and differences in scheduling guidelines.
- Jurate Svarcaite (Moderator), Director-General, Association of European Self-Care Industry (AESGP)
- Mme Meriem Khrouf, Head, Tunisian Drug Agency
- Dr. Yasin Ragaey, Head of Central Administration operations, Egyptian Drug Authority
- Dr. Nancy Cherotich, Regulatory Officer, Pharmacy and Poison Board Kenya
- Malebona Precious Matsoso, Director, University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Dr. Iain Barton, Chief Executive Officer, The Clinton Health Access Initiative
- Sarah Fordah, Data Manager, WHO